We're pleased to support our client, Stonewall, with the recruitment of a Senior Membership Programmes Manager. Stonewall was founded in 1989 by people whose aim was to create a highly professional lobbying organisation to put the case for equality on the mainstream political agenda.
The organisation has become widely recognised for its work in transforming the legislative landscape for Britain’s 3.7m lesbian, gay and bisexual people including securing equal marriage in 2013. In 2015, Stonewall became fully trans-inclusive too and now works to ensure equality in every part of the lived experience of lesbian, gay, bi and trans (LGBT) people at home, at school, at work and across society - in the UK and globally.
They work with a comprehensive range of stakeholders and are one of the most effective campaigning charities in Great Britain. Stonewall is at a crucial stage. The challenges that they face are complex as they attempt to ensure that every single LGBT person achieves full equality. They have an ambition to reach further into communities, sharing their knowledge, interventions and campaigns with the widest possible audience. They no longer have to just convince politicians; they have to convince the owner of the small business, the dad who doesn’t want a gay son, the priest who doesn’t know he has lesbian parishioners.
The Membership Team
The Membership Team work with over 750 employers on the Diversity Champions Programme, and Membership fees provide just under 40% of Stonewall's total income. The role is specifically private sector, managing the private sector account management team and leading on engagement with key private sector bodies and organisations (e.g. Bank of England, Channel 4 and Tesco), supporting them to embed LGBT inclusion into everything they do, and maximising all opportunities to develop the membership and partnership.
You will lead a team of Account Managers to bring long-term change to private sector workplaces and services, and to grow Stonewall’s income so the organisation can continue to campaign for a world where all LGBT people are accepted without exception.
Reporting to the Head of Private Sector Membership Programmes, you will ensure the effective, efficient and impactful delivery of Stonewall’s private sector Diversity Champions programme with UK and multinational employers. You will grow Diversity Champion membership and engage and retain partners in line with a range of financial and non-financial targets. You will also personally manage a strategic portfolio of key clients, and build strong, influential relationships with stakeholders and partners across the sector and within Stonewall.
You will support, coach and develop your team, with a focus on performance, personal and professional development, and health, safety and wellbeing at all times.
You will additionally contribute to strategic business planning and budget management, and work across Stonewall to ensure client participation in wider programmes, events and projects.
Key responsibilities and duties
1. Team management
• Effective team leadership including line management and continuing professional development of a team to ensure they perform to the highest possible standard, role model Stonewall’s values and behaviours, and have the skills and confidence required for their roles.
• Set and monitor team and individual objectives based on the Business Plan.
• Develop a strategic engagement plan for specific sector groups, and support team members with their individual plans.
• Find non-financial mechanisms to motivate team members to exceed targets around membership growth and participation in programme activity, and reward high performance.
• Develop a team culture focused on excellent client service at all stages of their engagement with Stonewall.
• Provide timely and accurate reporting to the Head of Private Sector Membership Programmes on team performance and progress against all targets.
• Promote and role model cross-departmental working to ensure the team actively collaborates across the organisation.
• Ensure the health, safety and wellbeing of team members at all times.
2. Business development
• Confidently articulate a convincing business case for LGBT equality tailored to prospective clients in a range of markets.
• Work with your team to maintain a pipeline of new business prospects, support with pitch meetings to promote Stonewall’s suite of programmes and close membership deals to reach new business targets.
• Work with the Head of Private Sector Membership Programmes to set and continually forecast against membership and income targets, re-strategising where necessary to achieve all goals.
• Develop partnerships with relevant employer networks, governing bodies and sector press to maintain Stonewall’s reputation as industry experts and optimise opportunities for developing the programme and growing the membership.
• Attend and speak at events with strategic, influential and/or new audiences to promote Stonewall’s work and act as a senior spokesperson.
3. Strategic membership management
• Manage a high profile and strategic portfolio of clients.
• Cultivate senior relationships across the Diversity Champions membership base.
• Provide high quality support to organisations to advance their understanding of LGBT equality and inclusion best practice in global workplaces.
• Role model the highest standards of client service and account management.
• Take full responsibility for the team’s membership renewal and growth targets and other performance indicators.
• Be a team advocate for the Stonewall’s database / Customer Relationship Management system to ensure that accurate and up-to-date account records are maintained.
• Lead on the roll out of a UK webinar series, co-ordinating a project group to support with logistics, engagement and delivery.
• Support the Head of Private Sector Membership Programmes with the development and launch of an engagement programme for Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs).
• Work with the Index Manager and Memberships Team to mark submissions to the Workplace Equality Index and give timely feedback to participating organisations.
• Actively engage in organisational working groups when required.
5. General responsibilities and duties
• Conduct the duties of the job description in accordance with the operational policies of Stonewall, including but not limited to the diversity policy, code of conduct and data regulations.
• Maintain good working relations with clients, staff, volunteers, Trustees, partners and other stakeholders.
• Contribute to the general administration, well running and development of the organisation.
• Take advantage of development opportunities, such as facilitating Stonewall’s Leadership, Allies and/or Role Models programme.
• Undertake any other reasonable duties as may be required.
• A successful track record of working in a goal-orientated and commercial environment.
• Proven experience in both strategy development and operational project/programme management.
• Experience in a high profile, client-facing role with evidence of expert account management, business development and relationship building.
• Proven ability to effectively manage and successfully motivate a team to deliver results against financial and non-financial targets.
• Strong team player who is supportive of a cross-team working and embraces new ideas and approaches.
• Proven ability to inspire a range of audiences through public speaking and presenting.
• The ability to work flexibly and manage a busy and diverse workload while exhibiting outstanding attention to detail.
• Awareness of the challenges and opportunities for organisations investing in workplace inclusion, with knowledge of equality and diversity practices.
• Able to coach, develop and support a diverse team and lead confidently on conversations around performance, wellbeing and mental health.
• Committed to the aims and objectives of Stonewall.
BAME Recruitment Ltd are a diversity and Inclusion firm who are supporting Stonewall with their recruitment for this role.
For more information and a job pack, please email us directly at: email@example.com
The Head of Student Engagement is a critical role which works directly under Students' Union at Bournemouth Universi...Read More >
We're pleased to support our client, Stonewall, with the recruitment of a Senior Membership Programmes Manager. Ston...Read More >
We're pleased to support our client, Stonewall with their recruitment for a Major Giving Officer. Stonewall was...Read More >