We're pleased to support our client, Stonewall with their recruitment for a Major Giving Officer. Stonewall was founded in 1989 by people whose aim was to create a highly professional lobbying organisation to put the case for equality on the mainstream political agenda.
The organisation has become widely recognised for its work in transforming the legislative landscape for Britain’s 3.7m lesbian, gay and bisexual people including securing equal marriage in 2013. Their strategy is now to work to ensure equality in every part of the lived experience of LGBT people at home, at school and at work.
They work with a comprehensive range of stakeholders and are one of the most effective campaigning charities in Great Britain. Stonewall is at a crucial stage. The challenges that they face are complex as they attempt to ensure that every single lesbian, gay, bisexual and trans person achieves full equality. They have an ambition to reach further into their communities, sharing their knowledge, interventions and campaigns with the widest possible audience. They no longer have to just convince politicians; they have to convince the owner of the small business, the dad who doesn’t want a gay son, the priest who doesn’t know he has lesbian parishioners.
The Fundraising team
The Fundraising team work with individuals, institutions and organisations to raise vital and sustainable funds for Stonewall. The team are proud to represent, showcase and support through their incredible donors, Stonewall's work and values. They are a fun, creative bunch who love to work with all teams to engage Stonewall's donors with the work the organisation does. The fundraising team raise funds ethically and are fiercely accountable to their donors. They care about each and every supporter and pride themselves on building mutually beneficial and profitable long term relationships between Stonewall and their donors.
You will support the Head of Major Giving to achieve the department’s income targets and all other KPI’s across the major giving income stream, currently; Committed Giving, One-off Donations, Appeals and Supporter Stewardship, in line with agree objectives. You will take ownership of key strategy areas and their corresponding budgets and KPIs ensuring the refinement and delivery of our strategic objectives.
Purpose of the role
• To manage and drive our structured (high value) Individual Giving programme called Ambassadors
• Build and cultivate relationships with our major donors
• Support the Head of Major Giving in securing significant major gifts
Key responsibilities and duties
• Work closely with the Head of Major Giving to set, monitor, reforecast and report on budgets, taking ownership of specific budget areas as agreed with Head of Major Giving
• Key supporting role in business planning and strategy development of Major Giving
• Strategic lead for key business areas as agreed with Head of Major Giving
• Manage a portfolio of current as well as prospective major donors, securing donations and pledges, and deliver against personal and team targets
• To develop a coherent stewardship programme for Major Donors
• To develop engagement and cultivation strategies to make successful approaches to prospective major donors
• To develop relationships with prospective major donors in a way that will increase the likelihood and value of a major gift
• To work with the Head of Major Giving to identify potential major donors likely to make significant gifts
• To ask potential major donors for financial gifts and identify appropriate senior leadership involvement to increase the likelihood of a successful ask
• To work with the Major Giving Officer to undertake prospect research and develop a pipeline of potential major donors with the capacity and propensity to support Stonewall at a major donor level
• To actively develop and leverage supporter networks creatively to enhance support for Stonewall
• Represent Stonewall at organisational and external events as appropriate. This includes donor and prospect meetings, cultivation events, dinners and galas and professional industry gatherings
• Build internal relationships with colleagues that are also involved with high value processes to ensure that opportunities are maximised, and communication is clear
• Conduct the duties of the job description in accordance with the operational policies of Stonewall, including but not limited to the diversity policy and code of conduct
• Contribute to the general administration, well running and development of the organisation
• Undertake any other reasonable duties as may be required including providing support to and attending Stonewall events as appropriate
This is an outline role description and may be subject to change in consultation with the post holder.
• Highly professional, flexible and committed to achieve and exceed financial targets and key performance indicators
• Proven track record of fundraising from high net-worth individuals
• Working knowledge of the principles of major gift fundraising or sales
• Experience of identifying, developing and maintaining client relationships
• Experience of approaching clients by phone, face-to-face and in writing
• Track record of exceeding financial targets
• Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills
• Proven ability of exhibiting strong attention to detail
• Proven ability to work under pressure to deadlines, prioritising workloads and multitasking
• Proficient in using Microsoft Office applications and experience of using databases
• A commitment to the aims and objectives of Stonewall
BAME Recruitment Ltd are a diversity and Inclusion firm who are supporting Stonewall with their recruitment for this role.
For more information, please apply to Stonewall directly on their website: http://www.stonewall.org.uk/about-us/join-our-team
Closing date: 19th June 2018 at 09.30am
The Head of Student Engagement is a critical role which works directly under Students' Union at Bournemouth Universi...Read More >
We're pleased to support our client, Stonewall, with the recruitment of a Senior Membership Programmes Manager. Ston...Read More >
We're pleased to support our client, Stonewall with their recruitment for a Major Giving Officer. Stonewall was...Read More >