£85,000 - £95,000
An exciting opportunity has arisen, to work within a leading charity, for a Finance Director (Fixed Term Contract). You will become part of a highly motivated, multidisciplinary team, in this organisation based in London.
Purpose of Role
Ensure the right cost structure, financial operating platform, systems and controls are in place to deliver the vision and strategy, making sure investments are effectively managed and protected and making sure high levels of integrity are upheld.
Key Accountabilities / Objectives
- To ensure that appropriate advice and support is provided to trustees, directors and staff on all financial matters relating to the charity and its trading subsidiaries.
- To ensure that the organisation operates systems and processes which ensure effective governance and compliance with key statutory and regulatory requirements and with our own risk management strategy.
- Own the organisational budget, forecasting, management reporting and financial KPIs.
- Ensure robust financial controls and policies are in place and functioning effectively.
- Ensure that tax position is optimised, and income maximised (eg Gift Aid, returns on investment and cash)
- Oversee year-end audit and production of financials statements including Trustees’ Report.
- Ensure that a sustainable financial model is in place that it is transparently communicated to stakeholders, and adhered to. Establish a long-term plan that reflects and supports this financial model, monitoring progress and pro-actively managing risk areas.
- Review significant partnership agreements and ensure terms are appropriate to charitable purposes. Ensure VAT position is appropriately assessed and reflected in agreements.
- Keep active engagement in the external business and charity communities and up to date with business changes, developing own skills and competence to lead best practice thinking within the organisation.
- Support core team of Head of Financial Planning & Analysis and Financial Controller in their day to day activities, offering advice and challenge where necessary.
Essential Education and Skills
- Fully qualified Accountant
- Will have worked in an organisation known for best practice and has worked in a customer facing SME with complexity (knows what good looks like & how not to do things)
- Proven leadership of a Finance function with responsibility for both control and business analysis
- Proven experience of setting and delivering an ‘end to end’ organisational budget with a 1-3 year timeline
- Proven experience of running a finance department with requirements for good governance and preparing annual accounts for external publication.
- Proven experience of working closely with legal/advising on deals
- Proven experience in influencing and bringing about cultural change
- Proven experience of setting standards, leading and developing a team through change
- Understanding of voluntary sector, financial controls required and how to work with decision making structure (including Trustees) preferred
This position attracts a competitive salary and benefits package as well as the opportunity for career growth.